Private & Group
photo by Emily Lambert
A teacher of over 10 years and a practicing yogi of 20+ years, Stephanie has become a sought-after teacher and body worker in NYC, blending her unique background of dance, yoga, pilates, massage therapy and the healing arts into her work with clients to help them achieve their fitness and wellness goals.
Known for her attention to detail in how to achieve each person's optimal alignment, as well as her positive attitude and belief that working out should always be fun and feel good, Stephanie ensures each person walks out of a session feeling better than when they started.
Along with her private clients and group classes, Stephanie has also had the privilege of co-leading yoga teacher trainings for Studio Anya, with a focus on the physics of sound and sound healing.
yoga (vinyasa/hatha/restorative/yin) ~ Pilates ~ injury prevention & recovery ~ meditation ~ flexibility training ~ Thai/sports massage ~ Reiki/energy work
*At this time, Stephanie is available via Zoom for all private, semi-private, and group classes*
"My mantra and goal for every person I work with is to help them feel better in their body. I look at the body as a whole, as a piece of beautiful engineering, and use whichever tools are needed at that time, for that particular client, in order for them to feel their best- be it through yoga, core work, mobilization, meditation, trigger point release, strength training, etc. When our bodies are at ease, our mind follows suit, and we can then offer the best version of ourselves out to the world."
TRAINING & CERTIFICATIONS
- 500 hour yoga teacher training | Courtney Bauer, Studio Anya, NYC
- 25 hour Bridge to Lotus | Laughing Lotus, NYC
- Pilates mat | Kelly Kane, Kane School of Core Integration, NYC
- Pilates mat & apparatus training | Courtney Bauer, Studio Anya, NYC
- Massage Therapy | Asheville School of Massage & Yoga, Asheville, NC
~ modalities include: Swedish, deep tissue, Thai, sports, Shiatsu, neuromuscular/Rolfing, cranio-sacral, energy anatomy, Reiki, reflexology, meditation, yoga, anatomy, kinesiology, biology, pathology
- MBLEx (Massage & Bodywork Licensing Examination) certification 2009
- NY Reiki Institue | Russell Clay, NYC
~ traditional Japanese Usui Reiki lineage, Reiki II& advanced level practitioner
- Anatomy & Kinesiology | Rebecca Dietzel, Fordham University, NYC